1. Steve is doing well. His wrist is fractured, and he had a cast on for 10 days. It came off today, and he now has a custom splint. While the cast was on he was running and biking on the trainer. Needless to say the cast was pretty disgusting and he is very happy to have it off. Also, he has been cleared to swim with the splint on, and is planning to race Ironman! The race will be one month and one day after the accident.
His new bike is pretty sweet and totally matches mine with the red and white. What a copycat.
2. I ended up going up to Door County for three nights of camping by myself. Steve had doctors appointments, and was bummed that he really wouldn’t be able to do any activities up there, so he stayed home. I hung out with my family for a few days which was nice. We saw several amazing sunsets.
While I was there, I got in a two hour mountain bike ride and a 20 mile trail run. Peninsula State Park is my favorite place to run in the world so I had to take advantage.
3. Last Sunday my friend James and I went to Madison and biked 120 miles on the Ironman course. We followed that up with a two mile run. I felt way better than expected and only had one mental breakdown on the bike. It was a great confidence booster.
4. Ironman is in two weeks. Eek!
5. On Tuesday we got to see Blink 182, which was awesome. My aunt and uncle (Beth and Mike) hooked us up with the tickets and it was so much fun.
That last one is Travis the drummer elevated high above the crowd on a moving platform during the encore. It was really cool. They always put on such a good show. Thanks Beth and Mike!
Side note: My Chemical Romance opened and they sounded awful. They didn’t play their one current good song either. Boo.
6. This weekend is going to be crazy. Saturday I have a three hour bike ride followed by a 90 minute run. After that we are attending a wedding in Milwaukee, then leaving the wedding early to drive to Chicago. At 4am on Sunday morning I am meeting my TNT athletes before they race in the Chicago Triathlon. I will be down there cheering them on all day Sunday which will be fun. I expect to get home Sunday afternoon and crash. I don’t think my planned Sunday bike ride will happen, but we’ll see.
7. Sorry this whole post is in an annoying list format. That is pretty much the story of my life right now. I just don’t have the time/energy to do anything more in depth. Two more weeks…thank goodness.